Happy 2015 Everyone!!!!
I want to start off the New Year with a post, but I’m going to try and make this really short and simple because I am really tired and my brain is not functioning straight. Right now it is actually around 2:15 pm on January 1, 2015. I actually just woke up, after leaving a party at a family friend’s house last night well past midnight. I’m actually sitting in my red flannel snowflake covered pajamas, my hair sticking out every which way, and I haven’t had my morning (or should I say afternoon) cup of coffee yet, so bear with me.
For today’s post, I would like to share with everyone a few New Year’s resolutions. I, like every other person on this planet, love to make New Year’s resolutions every year, only to give up on them by January 15. However, this year I vow to try and keep my New Year’s Resolutions for as long as possible, and really make an attempt.
So here goes:
- To make and keep my New Year’s resolutions! I really thought long and hard about these, so hopefully since they are extremely meaningful to me, I will try extra extra hard.
- To keep up with this blog. I know when I made this blog, I promised myself I would really try at posting consistently. So far, I have already fallen behind once, so for the New Year, I vow to at least post once a week (if not more).
- Chase after my dreams. If you have read previous posts, you will know that I am currently not very happy with where I am job wise. My two week break during the holidays have really made me realize that I really do not like my job at all. In fact, I am dreading (and I mean dreading) going back to work on January 5th. Every time I think about it, I want to gag. Since this is the New Year, I think it’s time that I start thinking about doing something I really want to do, and making plans to achieve my dream. A few months ago, I have actually talked to a friend who may be interested in funding something that I’ve been dreaming about for a long time, and maybe this is the year to make that happen. I know I need to dedicated some time doing some research and formulating a plan, which is going to be tough with my work schedule and my blogging, but if it means that much to me, then I need to get my shit together.
- Lose Weight. I know I know, everyone promises that they will lose weight, hit the gym, get their fat ass in shape, only to give up and end up pigging out on five pounds of chocolate one night. However, this year is going to be different for me. This year I am actually going to lose 25lbs by June. The reason my deadline is by June is because every summer I go to visit relative in China, and every year I go, I feel like God-freaking-zilla. It’s bad enough I am almost six feet tall and tower over 95% of the people there, but my size 10/12 here is a size XXXXXXXXXLarge in China, which means I get started at by everyone, blatantly might I add. (People in China do not understand what tact means.) I’m hoping that by losing 25lbs, I won’t feel quite as massive in China (Which I still think is ridiculous because I always feel normal in America, but when I go to China I feel like Gwyneth Paltrow in Shallow Hal) My second reason for losing weight, and actually the more important one is because I want to feel healthier. Lately I’ve been feeling sluggish and tired, and I am hoping that by eating right and exercising I will start feeling better.
- Get out and meet new people. Since I was young, I was not the biggest fan of going out and meeting new people. Once I met someone, it was a different story (I have a naturally crazy and energetic personality), but throw me in a room of strangers and I tend to melt into in the wallpaper. In high school, I was really lucky and had a really great group of friends. We would literally do everything together. We were inseparable, at school and on the weekends. Some of my fondest high school memories are with these friends. After we graduated though, things changed. We all went to different colleges, and it was harder to keep in touch. At college, I choose to go to a really large college, and honestly, I think I felt a little lost there. I still made friends, but I categorized them into groups (friends I ate with, friends I studied with, friends I partied with), but I never found a group of friends, or even a friend who was there for me 24/7. After college, we all got really busy looking for jobs and settling down, that I lost contact with a lot of my college friends as well. I have managed to keep in touch with a few friends from college, but with our different schedules and personal lives, it is harder to make time for each other. I’ve have made some friends at work, but because of my profession, many of them are married and have children, which makes hanging out with a single girl like me difficult as well. Which leads me back to my resolution of meeting new people. I think this is the year that I need to get out, join a club, sign up for a class, volunteer, anything, that will help me meet people my age.
I think I’m going to stop at these 5 resolutions. I know I have a lot more goals, but I feel like if I have too many resolutions, I will just get really overwhelmed and give up like I do most years. There are a lot of small things I would like to work on or do for the New Year (but don’t really consider them resolutions) like:
- Take more pictures with my DSLR camera. I’m thinking about taking on a monthly picture challenge.
- Make a list of book I really want to read and actually read them.
- Start projects and actually finish them. I really want to finish all the cool DIY projects that I have bookmarked, started, but never finished.
- Organize and clean everything and everywhere. My house, my room, my cubicle, my life…
- Make more money, or Spend less money. I’d really like to see my savings piling up a little faster in my bank account.
- Learn how to sew. I’ve actually been wanting to do this for a while, but keep putting it off and putting it off. Hopefully this will be the year that I learn.
- Take a class for fun. Not because I have to, not because it’s a requirement, but because I want to learn something new.
I’ve got a lot more things, but like I mentioned above, I just woke up, still sleepy, and so far this is all I can think of. If you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do for the New Year, please comment below. I would love to hear from everyone.
I’d like to end this post by saying: May 2015 be a wonderful year for everyone and for those of you who make New Year’s Resolutions – Good Luck and I hope you are successful this year. Fighting!!!